Friday, September 10, 2010

My Friend's Guest Blog

This week, my friend and fellow Board member, Jenn B Says, takes a turn as a guest blogger on the Body Blogger Calendar.  Jenn is actually the woman who brought me to the project.  As a matter of fact, she was the driving force behind the art auction that brought us both to the Austin Foundation for Eating Disorders.  What it says about her is that she has a huge, generous heart.  But why she chose to channel some of her boundless energy to this cause is intriguing.  She is not from the "community" directly.  She has not been personally effected by the disease, her daughter is still very young and will hopefully never know the struggle.  Yet, she is a driving force behind much of what we do as a fledgling organization.  This will be, I believe, her tale of why she chooses to join the fight with us.  I know it will be well worth the read.

I have never told the story of how I met her and how she came to work for our company and therefore was introduced to Kelsey and the disease, but I should tell it.  Or rather, we should both tell it from our separate point of views, that would likely be a lot of fun.  But, it's been a long, hard week, and the Saints-Vikings game is in the 4th quarter with only five points separating the teams, so I will leave the tale for another time and set this to post in the morning.  In the meantime, Geaux Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment