Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Muggle Who Loved Him

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows filming on location in West Wales

Okay, so I lied about being done talking about grieving. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge for Kelsey's sake the monument of today. It nearly slipped past me, but it would have been a big day for her. Today the newest Harry Potter movie opened. I nearly forgot about it, lost in the toughness of retrieving her belongings from the apartment where she died. The shock of seeing the bed where she was napping when her heart stopped beating pushed it from my mind. Smelling her perfume on the dirty clothes she had been wearing made my head hurt almost to the point of explosion. All of that was a horrendous contrast to the happiness she would have felt if she had managed to hold on for a few more weeks. My daughter loved Harry Potter. Marissa found him first, but as in all things she liked, once Kelsey picked up Marissa's copy of the first book, she became a passionate fan. Harry's magic was that he made my daughter happy. She had all too little of that in her short life.

I can't quite decide if I will go and see it, or if it would overwhelm me, but if I do, I will try to see it through her eyes and hope she will be with me in spirit, if not in fact. I love you and miss you my darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment